Day 18: Giving Back and Impact – Times I’ve Served or Helped Others


To be honest, when I saw today’s topic, my first thought was, “Have I really given back enough or made a notable impact yet?”

But then I paused… and realized that impact doesn’t always come in grand gestures. Sometimes, it’s in the quiet, consistent act of service.


If there’s one thing I’m truly proud of, it’s that I’ve served (and still serving) in any and every space I’ve found myself.

Whether it was official or unofficial, paid or unpaid, big or small, I’ve always shown up with the heart to serve.


Over time, I’ve learned that the most sustainable way to make an impact is through service.

This is why servant leadership resonates so deeply with me. I’d rather let my actions speak and inspire, than echo promises with no follow-through. Influence, to me, is best built by doing, not declaring.


Even in the world of freelancing, I can boldly say I’ve taken on more volunteer roles than paying jobs.

Jeremy can testify to this, the number of times he’s reached out with a brand or project saying, “We’ll handle publicity,” and it was all voluntary. No financial reward. Just the pure drive to give our best. And we did, wholeheartedly.


The truth? Many of the relationships and connections I value today came from those unpaid, volunteer roles.

Service opened more doors than money ever could.


Serving is humbling. But many mistake it for humiliation. It’s not. It’s the hidden work that builds character, strengthens community, and changes lives quietly but powerfully.


If there’s one encouragement I’d leave with you today, it’s this:

Help others when and while you can.

You may not see the full ripple immediately, but you’re making the world a better place, one act of service at a time.


All written and compelled by Phekwalayan Lemuel Samuel .


Check out our previous publishing for day 1 to 17